Will I go to jail?
Any DUI conviction, misdemeanor or a felony, could result in a jail sentence. It depends on the number of DUI’s you have accumulated within the past 10-year window. Even if it is a first time offense jail time is a possibility. Length of a jail sentence can increase with certain aggravating factor. These include:
- Have a BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) of % or higher;
- Causing an accident;
- Traveling at excessive speeds;
- Children under the age of 14 in the vehicle at time of offense;
- Refusing to submit to a chemical test; and/or
- Being under 21 years old at the time of the offense
If you are a first time offender, you can face up to 6 months’ maximum in county jail depending on the county.
What are your next steps? Call for a free consultation today, and understand the processes and your rights. Call Chini Law today at 888.998.6938